Charitable Donations

Sicon are proud to support local and national charities whenever we can.  We encourage the Sicon team to take part in raising money for charities close to their hearts, especially when it involves an activity where they and their families can get involved at the same time as keeping fit and having a purpose to train for an event.

Between 2006 and our year ending March 2020, Sicon has donated just over £23,000 to charities.  Here are just some of the charities that we donated to, either directly or as a result of an event that a Sicon team member, or a customer took part in to raise money.

British Heart Foundation
Children with Leukaemia
Cynthia Spencer Hospice
Help for Heroes
Macmillan Cancer
The Children’s Adventure Farm Trust
Sports Aid Logo v2
St Nicholas Hospice
Supporting Suffolk Mind logo
Women V Cancer - Small
London 2 Paris

London to Paris | British Heart Foundation

In July 2019 Richard & Jane joined the Sage Foundation cycle group to take part in the Hot Chillee London to Paris over 3 days, distance 500 km, and 18,000 feet of climbing. Day 1 they experienced 38 Degree heat and Day 3 they were hit with heavy rain. Despite the extreme weather they said ‘it was at times very hard but everyone helped each other get there‘.

On top of that Richard took part in the La Marmotte Supportive, a 174km cycle through the French Alps, which involved an enormous amount of climbing at over 5,000m (16,000 feet). Following this, he cycled back to Paris to then cycle to London in just 24 hours!

British Heart Foundation: A cause close to our hearts, Richard & Jane’s Son Brett aged 33 had major heart surgery , a Valve Sparing Aortic Root Replacement (also known as the David Procedure) operation early July 2019, followed by a Pacemaker being fitted due to complications following the main operation itself .

We are very pleased to say the operation was a great success , and we can’t be happier that he will live to a very old age, he was in hospital for just over two weeks, the staff at Royal Papworth were amazing

95% of all the money raised will go to the British Heart Foundation who’s vision is a ‘World Free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. The remaining 5% will be donated to St Nicholas Hospice a local charity which we like to support

JY & VS Africa Cycle v2

Cycle Africa | Women V Cancer

On October 9th 2015 Jane Youngman and Vicky Stonell set off to Africa to cycle 215 miles through the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, the bustling town of Arusha, through the Tarangire National Park, the Lake Manyara National Park and onto Nogorongoro National park.

Movember Collage v2

Movember | Sage Foundation

We would like to say a big thank you to all our lovely Business Partners who donated to our Movember, we hit our target of £1,000!

Movember is a brilliant charity which since 2003 has funded more than 1,250 men’s health projects around the world. Movember is challenging the status quo, shaking up men’s health research and transforming the way health services reach and support men.

Several of the Sicon team setout to complete Movember’s challenge to run or walk 60 km this month for the 60 men we lose to suicide each hour, every hour across the world. Jane, Richard, Steve and Tom all complete the 60 for 60km challenge individually and as a team we completed over 350km!

Wellness Challenge Collage v2

Wellness Challenge | Suffolk Mind

We were challenged by Sage Foundation to as a team walk/run/cycle 1,000 miles from January 19th to February 19th and if we could they would match whatever money we raised. Sicon has roughly 55 employees so this worked out at around 20 miles each; by February 12th we hit the 1,000 miles and ultimately finished the challenge having done 1,504.89 miles. The team commented that the challenge was a great motivator to get outside and be more active whilst also helping bring back team spirit with everyone WFH.

The miles we did were brilliant, but the most important part of the challenge was raising money for Suffolk Mind. The team and our family & friends raised an impressive total of £1,355 with gift aid which Sicon then added £1,145 to make £2,500 and Sage Foundation will be matching this so as a whole we’ll have donated £5,000 to Suffolk Mind.

Gatehouse Foodbank

We’d like to say a massive thank you to everyone who either brought in food or donated money to Gatehouse this Christmas. Altogether we have donated over £200 worth of food and toiletries to Gatehouse which is absolutely amazing! This will give a lot of people and families peace of mind this Christmas after the difficult and chaotic year we’ve had.

Amanda, Chief Executive at Gatehouse said: ‘Thank you for your Christmas donation. In what is the strangest of times we have ever had to face, it is very much appreciated and is a great help towards the continued distribution of nutritionally balanced emergency food to local people in crisis.

Sicon Main Menu