Allows users to scan and retrieve documents while they work in Sage 200, with no additional document management software or indexing steps required. The document indexing information is stored within the Sage 200 SQL database for fast searching. The documents are stored within the Sage 200 attachments path to ensure all documents are backed up within your Sage backup plan.
Document Management (DMS) – Detailed Description
Sicon DMS will evolve your document management processes by cutting back on paperwork, improving the efficiency of your business and allowing you to have greater access to your documents.
- Installed and maintained within Sage 200.
- License users can scan and attach documents or just view documents.
- Available within all Sage Companies at no extra cost.
- Documents can be scanned or attached within the standard Sage 200 screens with no additional document management software required.
- Drag email attachments only into DMS.
- Retrieve documents directly from Sage 200 accounts, orders and transactions.
- Save time and space (estimated at more than 20% of administrative time).
- Sicon DMS touch points within Sage 200 include:
- Suppliers: Account and transaction based documents including purchase invoices and credit notes, Payment authorisation.
- Customers: Account and transaction based documents including purchase invoices and credit notes.
- Nominal Ledger: Store copies of Journals calculations in paper or Excel formats.
- Sales Orders: for example customer purchase orders, signed delivery documents, export documents, etc.
- Purchase Orders: for example purchase contracts, delivery documents, etc.
- Stock Control: item specification documents, change documents:
- Bank: statements stored with each bank reconciliation and general bank correspondence.
- Add your own custom document types to any of the modules within the DMS application.
- Add mandatory attributes to document types to capture additional information.
- Documents can be viewed outside of Sage via a browser/tablet interface (requires a license).
- Works with Twain compatible scanners or network copiers.
- DMS integrates with the Sicon WAP system to show documents added within Sage 200 on the documents that require approval in the WAP system.
Installed and maintained as part of Sage 200: New buttons allow documents to be attached and retrieved within Sage 200.
- No additional software required.
- Works with Twain compatible scanners or network copiers.
- Users do not have to learn any new software applications.
- Prompts or options are given at the appropriate point of data processing.
- License each Sage user for scan or view only users.
Runs with Multiple Sage Companies: Unlimited Sage companies are supported as standard.
Searching for documents: Documents can be retrieved through Sage 200 screens with new buttons. Outside of Sage you can search for documents in the directory structure with standard Windows security permissions applied to each document type directory.
Logical filing of documents: Documents are scanned and retrieved from the relevant Sage modules; e.g. Paper or e-mail customer purchase orders are linked to a Sales Order.
Save Time and Space: No time is spent filing or looking for documents (estimated at 20% of admin staff time). Save space with electronic archives.
Sage 200 Modules with DMS integration: Sales, Purchase, Nominal, Cash Book, SOP, POP, Stock, Project Accounting, Fixed Assets.
Example documents stored with Sage 200 Document Management:
- Supplier invoices, goods received notes, credit notes & requisitions
- Customer purchase orders, picking list, packing sheet, work/time sheets
- Airway bill, letter of credit, export license, supplier quote
- Credit application forms, customer & supplier correspondence
- Signed delivery notes (POD’s)
- Stock item specification documents
- Bank statements & correspondence
Destroy your original documents: Documents can be destroyed when scanned if you have sufficient backups to cover the 6 year inland revenue reproduction requirements.
HM Revenue & Customs: The HM Revenue & Customs guidelines state that you must be able to guarantee the authenticity and the integrity of the content of your source documents throughout the storage period by either electronic or procedural means. store all the data related to your invoices, including such evidence as is required to demonstrate that authenticity and integrity has been ensured, and be able to recreate the invoice data as at the time of its original transmission or receipt, and present the invoice data in a readable format. You must keep history files so that you can find the appropriate details from any particular time in the past if one of HMRC’s visiting officers asks you to do so. The same rules apply to storage of electronic invoices as to paper invoices. You must normally keep copies of all the invoices you issue and all the invoices you receive for 6 years.
Sicon DMS can assist you in complying with these regulations with regards to the storage of your documents. Please ensure you adhere to the HM Revenue & Customs guidelines when using this product.Source – Electronic invoicing, HMRC Reference: Notice 700/63 (22 May 2015) https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-70063-electronic-invoicing/vat-notice-70063-electronic-invoicing#conditions-for-electronic-storage For further HMRC Document Retentions Guidelines, please refer to: https://lgw.cnsonline.net/web/content/helpdesk/hmrcbe
Maintained within Sage 200: No additional software applications are required with this product.
- As a Sage 200 module the system requirements match those of Sage 200.
- Typical document size 30k-70k bytes (4 drawer filing cabinet = approx 1 gig storage)
- Works with Twain compatible scanner & network scanners and copiers
Integration with other Sicon products
Authorisation workflows with Sicon WAP for Sage: The Sicon DMS purchase invoices can be picked up by the WAP product, approved within a workflow and then archived.
Click the image preview to expand.
Find out more….
To find out more about Sicon Document Management(DMS) please contact your Sage Business Partner or contact Sicon direct on 0345 1300 188.Contact Sicon