Sicon Job costing is designed specifically for Sage 200, integrating with Purchase ledger, SOP, POP, Stock, Time Recording and Works Order Processing. It provides solutions for clients in manufacturing, construction, software development and all types of contract management.
Sicon Job Costing intergrates with Purchase ledger, SOP, POP, Stock, Time Recording & Works Order Processing.
- Create Jobs manually, or automate from Sales Order Processing.
- Enter Purchase invoices and link to one or more jobs.
- SOP and POP lines can be linked to jobs and shown as commitments.
- Stock can be linked to jobs via Stock Control, Internal Issues and Returns. Allocated stock is shown as committed stock usage.
- Complex job structures can be created with linked works orders allowing allocation of stock to jobs and assisting the material planning process.
- Labour is recorded directly into job costing but can be planned on the built in scheduler to create committed labour.
- Detailed WIP reporting included with standard Sage 200 reports.
- 100% reconciliation between nominal ledger transactions and jobs.
- Job enquiry and management screen provide a simple view of jobs, showing all costs, revenues and budgets with drill down to detail and history.
- Instantly identify outstanding sales and purchases as commitments.
- Jobs are quick and simple to setup, just one click will create a job.
- Most data input is carried out in the normal Sage modules removing duplication.
- Budget by cost heading and optionally by period and cost heading.
- Custom job management tabs and fields with linked workspaces available.
- Drill down to sales orders, purchase orders, purchase invoices, stock transactions (works orders when purchased) and any related documents.
- Create phase, stages and sub stages within jobs.
Job Costing – Detailed Description
Integration with other modules: Works Orders can be created and booked to a Job. Time can be booked to job directly from the Sicon WAP Time & Attendance or Timesheets modules if this solution is purchased with Job Costing.
Runs with Multiple Sage Companies: Can be used on multiple Sage companies at no additional cost.
Fully integrated with Sage 200 modules: Purchase invoices can be linked to multiple jobs and cost headings at entry. Each SOP & POP line can be linked to a separate job and show as commitments. Jobs can be created ‘on the fly’. Stock issues and returns can be made to jobs and cost headings.
Labour Recording: Recording directly into job costing, via a web interface* or the T&A system*.
Work In Progress (WIP) management & Job Profitability: Provides a detailed WIP listing and summary total for each job. Detailed WIP & profitability reports are provided with the product.
Job enquiry and management screen: Provides a simple view of any job, showing all costs and revenues. Drill down to any detail or transaction history. Instantly identify outstanding sales and purchase orders as commitments.
System Requirements: Job Costing runs as an additional Sage 200 module so has no additional requirements.
Easy to learn and easy to use
Screens and processes: are designed for non-IT users.
Jobs are quick and simple to setup: just one click will create a job.
Data: most data input is carried out in the normal Sage modules.
Corrections to job postings: can be made via an adjustments function.
Overall or detailed budgets: per cost heading (unlimited cost headings).
Budget by cost and by hours: is available.
Budget analysis: runs real time and is available on the enquiry screen.
A full set of amendable reports are included: designed in the Sage report designer and are all amendable. Crystal reports are available on request.
Which industries could use Sicon Job Costing?
Job Costing for Construction
- Used by a number of construction business’s to manage jobs
- Simple sub contractor CIS module* manages deductions
- Applications and payment are simple to process and track
Job Costing for Manufacturing
- Ideal for bespoke manufacturers who need to track labour and materials
- Linked with Works Order Processing stock can be allocated and issues to jobs
Job Costing for Software Development
- Track labour booking & purchases to stages of development projects
- Analyse revenues to date and compare actual v budgets for each stage
Job Costing for Contract Management
- Using an enhanced SOP repeat order solutions* invoices are linked to jobs
- Track monthly income against costs incurred in purchases, labour and stock usage. Manage deferred revenue postings.
Sicon Job Costing V Sage Project Accounting
Click the image preview to expand.
Find out more about our Job Costing addition
To find out more about Sicon Job Costing, please contact your Sage Business Partner or contact Sicon direct on 0845 1300 188.Contact Sicon