WAP Help and User Guide
Table of Contents
7. HR Module
10. Approval Routes
13. Release Notes
The WAP system is a web based application designed to streamline the creation and approval of business documents such as Purchase requisitions, Invoices, Expenses, Time-sheets and Holidays.
This application is installed at your business location (not hosted) and is connected directly to your Sage system for real-time integration, logging into the WAP system is via your web browser. When the system is installed you will be provided with a web address (URL) to use to access the login page. You can then save this page in your favourites or use it to create a shortcut on your desktop.
WAP Help and User Guide will take you through the features and settings for the Sicon WAP system, each module is covered separately.
To get this application setup quickly and effectively, this section is divided into two sub-sections, covering a basic installation right up until connecting your first Sage Company. With all the options considered this is a large system to configure to specific requirements, but with these guides you should be able to get operational quickly, with a full access admin account, with all licensed modules available and the ability to carry out some test requests, invoice approvals etc. This should allow you to roll out the system across your organisation in a structured manner.
Sicon WAP can be installed onto a server with Sage 200. The installation procedure is available below:Basic Installation Sage 200
2. Requisitions Module
The WAP Purchase Requisitions module is designed to allow users of the system to raise a purchase request. The requests can be for text items or stock items (configurable per system if stock is not used) with many enhancements that complement the existing Sage Purchase Order Processing modules. The Help and User guide for this module can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – Requisitions Module
3. Invoices Module
The Invoice Approval module of the WAP system is designed to allow users of the system to enter and approve purchase invoices. These invoices will be automatically picked up by the WAP system and processed through the configured approval routes. The Help and User guide for this module can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – Invoices Module
4. Expenses Module
The WAP Expense Approval module is designed to allow users of the system to enter and approve expense items and mileage claims. These are posted to the purchase ledger account once approved, giving the benefit of VAT handing being covered as part of the invoice processing, without any additional journals, if VAT is relevant to an invoice claim being processed through this module. The Help and User guide for this module can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – Expenses Module
5. Timesheet Module
The WAP Timesheet Approval module is designed to allow users of the system to enter and approve Timesheet items. This module also includes functionality for the touch screen Time & Attendance / Shop Floor Data Capture Terminals.Help and User Guide – Timesheet Module
6. Holidays Module
The WAP Holiday Approval module enables holiday requests to be routed via a preconfigured path on a per user basis. The module supports working day rules, bank holidays and rules for users who should not be able to book time off when other named users already have holiday booked. The Help and User guide for this module can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – Holidays Module
7. HR Module
The Sicon WAP HR module allows users to enter and manage their HR details, job information and for companies to distribute company policies and information to team members. HR module also links with WAP Expense module so updates to user’s bank and address details update their Purchase Ledger account directly in Sage. The Help and User guide for this module can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – HR Module
8. User SettingsHelp and User Guide – User Settings
9. System SettingsHelp and User Guide – System Settings
10. Approval RoutesHelp and User Guide – Approval Routes
11. WAP Add-on for Sage 200
Sicon WAP Add-on for Sage 200: this additional set of features for the Sage 200 help provide some additional analysis and processing for month end routines in Sage 200 when used in conjunction the Sicon WAP product. The Help and User guide for this module can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – WAP Add-on for Sage 200
12. Applying a WAP Licence v11 Onwards
This user guide will take you through the process of applying a WAP licence v11 onwards and can be accessed from the link below:Help and User Guide – Applying a WAP licence v11 onwards
13. Release Notes
The Release Notes document below shows which release of the WAP system includes which new features and for which version of Sage these will work.
The version number indicated in the WAP Release Notes includes a full release number and a sub version number; e.g. ’6.1′ indicates the full release version number of the software. Pre-release version builds of the software are available to certain clients requiring new or enhanced features being developed from the wish list. If these versions are installed on your system, you will see an additional number e.g. 39.113 making up a specific database version and interim build number of 126.96.36.199.
It is unlikely that these features will be documented in this help and user guide until the end of the development phase.WAP Release Notes
14. Sicon V18 New Features & Important Information
- A Redesigned Default Expense Voucher and Default Categorised Expense Voucher Report to include Pay Code as a column.
- To view these, you may need to delete your existing report and refresh (if there are no report customisations or you do not need to keep the customisations) or add the field manually in design view.
- Added ability to disable posting of Mileage- or Expense Item Lines on a per user These lines need to be processed separately using the Expense Payroll Posting functionality. This is a User Type permission.
- Added ability to book off jobs on time and attendance screens by scanning a barcode.
- Added popup to TA screen for quantity complete (works orders) when booking off a job.
- Booking off all jobs on TA screen asks if you want to set all the Qty completed to the total amount for any works orders in the list.
- Logging out of TA screen will warn if there are any works orders that need a Qty set before logging off.
- Initial list of Job costing headers are filtered by a setting on the Job in Sage.
- Quantity complete and operation ID posting to works.
- Added Goods received approval A new entry will be created each time goods are received against an item.
- Added Goods fully received approval A new entry will be created each time an item is fully received. The entry will indicate whether it was part of a final receipt.
- Added Order Goods Fully Received approval A new entry will be created once an entire Order is fully received. o Added a Goods Fully received notification. A new notification will be generated when an Order has been fully received. o Added a Goods Received Amended approval history. A new entry will be created each time a receipt line is amended.
- Added Job costing user import page.
- Added new costing popup to rapid timesheet entry which allow selection of job, variation, item, phases and stages.
- Allow invoice lines to be split by invoice editors as well as approvers.
- Added the ability to split expense lines that were created by Credit Card Statement Once a line is split, it can only be submitted if the total for the statement line still matches up. If a split line is deleted the value will be added back to the original line regardless of changes to the expense line such as expense type or nominal.
- Added ability to configure a Nominal per line on Order Setting this nominal will override the default nominal set from the Stock/Warehouse.
- Added ability to export the imported statement result grid of Credit Card Statement Import.
- Added Line Numbers to all document types, reports and approval history controls.
- Added a popup keypad to the book off works order quantity control to allow easier editing of quantities.
- Changed standard timesheet entry to allow editing of JC and WO time that has been posted to sage when the timesheet is submitted.
- New user popup to collect initial details and validate before Existing user can be used as a template to create new users.
- Added a new feature to determine whether machine time appears on the Book on job control for operations.
- Added a new popup keypad control on TA.
- Added the ability to pick the finished works order quantity by keypad.
- The operation name will be shown in addition to the operation description on the touch screen terminals.
- Works Order transactions posted to sage will now have the start and end date set.
- Added new theme ‘R18Dark’
- Added button to show cleared system messages.
- Added Quotes User type settings.
- Added Quotes menu.
- Added Quote screens and approval.
- If default supplier contact doesn’t exist or the contact has no telephone or fax number, it will be populated from the supplier details.
- Added a column to invoice approval report for Sage user name for invoices generated in Sage.
- Added a new approval history type for when items restart an approval route to distinguish from items that are sent for approval the first time.
- Added User Self Approval Values to User Approval Values Report.
- Added Setting to include Sage Company in The setting is off by default and can be found in the Misc Tab of System Settings under the Notifications section.
- Added “Allow previous approvers” columns to approval route import template.
- When selecting a stock item on an order line it will now drop down the warehouse comobox if there is not a value selected.
- Added the ability to specify the first cut-off rate when adding a rate change for fuel rates.
- Added ability to record low level auditing of database field changes to Order and Order Line The setting is enabled by default and can be disabled in the Misc Settings logging section.
- Added an Audit History Tab to Order.
- Added Line summary text to existing holiday request list.
- Added ability to record low level auditing of database field changes to Timesheet and Timesheet Line tables.
- Added setting to hide “Remember Me” option on the Log in screen.
- Auditing of new document and document item creation added.
- Added Date filter to Audit History.
- Added Audit History to User.
- Added Separate Audit Tab to System.
- Added the ability to export approval routes.
- Added the ability to export user nominal values on the import user nominals page.
- Added option to set default tax rate of order line free text and charge item to be set from the Supplier’s default rate on page load.
- Added option to set default tax rate of sales order line free text and charge item to be set from the Customer’s default rate on page load.
- Added Audit Log type to record when an order gets a PO Number allocated from Sage.
- Added option to nominal allocations import to maintain or delete existing records.
- Added the ability to see stock item images on sales and purchase order stock line entry.
- Added Business Units column to Timesheet Projects report.
- Changed all instances of report user selection filters to read “My Delegates” and “My Business Unit(s)” rather than “Delegates” and “Business Unit”.
- Moved the job / barcode search text box on the time and attendance dashboard to the top of the page, it’s now used to book on and book off jobs.
- Added an additional popup when booking on to a job to show the job / works order / operation details.
- Added the ability to view the works order finished item image when booking onto a job from the touch screen terminals.
- Added a hover over on the description for stock lines on requisition entry to show the amended description.
- Load thumbnail for attachment and use zoomable image control to view on approve expenses page.
- Added the ability to reset the route for all lines on Expense entry.
- Added the ability to reset the route for all lines on Sales Order Entry.
- Added the ability to reset the route for all lines on Proposed Payment Entry.
- Added the ability to reset the route for all lines on Timesheet Entry.
- Added a status flag to the operation details popup to show if the operation is complete or not.
- Changed the job and item selection control to load the job analysis labels from JC settings.
- Operation Comments are now scrollable on the time and attendance page.
- Added a warning to the book off job control if the entered quantity is more than the outstanding qty.
- Added a warning to the book off job control if the entered finished item quantity is more than the Works order quantity.
- Added the ability to specify the finished item quantity to book into stock on the final operation.
- Changed the TA login screen to not show the keypad if it’s not a touch screen location.
- Changed the TA dashboard page to not show popup keyboards when not at a touch screen location.
- Order Line entry now supports selecting Confirmation Methods.
- Majority of reports will now have a link on the report lines to redirect a user directly to the relevant document entry screen.
- Users will now be given a notification when booking time on the same day as time already approved as holiday on the current timesheet.
- Added ability to include leavers in Search page user filters.
- The Time and attendance dashboard screen will now always focus on the project code / barcode box when the page loads (even after postback).
- Changed WAP to check the quantity outstanding in WAP on operations that have not been sent to sage yet.
- Added Job Manager to the job costing selection control.
- Added a banner at the bottom of the settings page as a note the WAP service may need a restart after changing Settings.
- Changed the book off job control to focus the cursor on the quantity box when it opens.
- Added Proposed Payments functionality.
- (WAP Add-on) Changed the Generate payments screen to check whether there is an unapproved proposed payment in WAP and stop generation if it’s not approved.
- Added the ability in the WAP add-on to use the WAP objects directly.
- Improved the readability of Audit History page by displaying user friendly properly values when auditing only record related IDs, such as costing Header ID.
- Proposed payments generated in sage will now complete the payment in WAP.
- Added ability to submit holiday requests from time and attendance o Added ability to submit holiday requests from time and attendance screens.
- Added All Sales Order Lines Report.
- Implemented Analysis code support for Sales Analysis codes can now have custom labels and be configured to display or hide in approval reports and Sales Order search page and be searchable in Sales Order page.
- Added Audit History for User Type Edit page.
- Added ability to add Justification Value bands to This allows specification of a minimum amount of attachments required to submit a requisition based on requisition value. This functionality can be configured by a System Account user through the System Settings page under the Requisitions tab.
- When MRP orders are now picked up by WAP the nominal account will be taken from the job Header if specified.
- Added a file viewer to the view proposed payment page.
- Added the ability to view DMS attachments from the invoices on the approve proposed payments page.
- Added Requisition Quote Requests.
- Setting added to determine whether to show the Book In finished item quantity box on the book off job control.
- Added ability to import Requisitions from User Types need to be granted permission to import Requisitions. Contact your Business Partner/Sicon if you wish to enable this feature.
- Sales Order attachments will now be added to DMS if integration is enabled.
- Requisition attachments will now be added to DMS if integration is enabled.
- Requisition Justification documents will now be added to DMS if integration is enabled.
- Added a “Justification” tab to sales order and moved the file attachment control to the tab so users won’t have to enable viewing additional information to perform file attachments.
- Made it clearer on Expense Line entry which lines are split from an original line with row highlighting.
- Users will no longer be able to select nominal accounts that aren’t posting accounts on order line entry.
- Added an analysis code to the Expense Meeting Entity for reporting purposes.
- Added the ability to determine whether subsistence can be claimed per user. v17.558.0.126
- Added a setting to determine whether client files are synchronised in the service configuration. v17.571.0.168
- After this upgrade, existing PO reports will have to be deleted and refreshed to get the new call-off orders reports. If there are customisations to original reports, these will be lost through this process so is optional.
v17.588.0.256 Database changes
- SiWorksOrderLineID added to TimesheetLine Table
- SiWorksOrderLineID added to JobActivity Table
- All taken, Submitted and Booked holiday hours will now be calculated dynamically rather than stored in the database, this way it will be impossible to get out of sync with the totals for holiday requests in the database.
- Added SQL server client tools as a pre-requisite on the installer for sites that force TLS 1.2 security due to windows update.
- Latest version of Job Costing will be required to address an issue with changing jobs for lines that already have receipts recorded.
- ‘Rework’ column added to JobActivity table.
- Rework column added to TimesheetLine table. v17.590.0.270
- Changed the WAP service and installers to no longer deploy sage assemblies and instead copy them from the sage server folder when it starts.
- Database change: Added SOPMandatoryAnalysisBehaviour setting.
- The SOP analysis codes and mandatory analysis behaviour need to be configured in WAP system settings to validate the analysis codes as required.
- WOFinishedItemQuantity added to JobActivity table.
- WOFinishedItemQuantity added to TimesheetLineTable table. v17.609.32.1
- To view the Sales Order Lines report, the user type needs to be allocated the View Sales Order Reports permission.
- InvoiceID Added to ProposedPaymentLine table.
- In order to use Quote Requests, the report needs to be configured for each Sage Connection and the user type needs permission to print quotes.
- Added Columns [QuoteRequestPrinted] and [QuoteRequestEmailed] columns to Order table.
- Added [QuoteRequestReport] column to SageDatabase table.
- Added [CanPrintQuoteRequests] column to UserType table.
- The exchange rate between the two currencies need to be configured in both the base currency database and the document database. Differences between these two could lead to issues with approval value conversion.
[Last Important Information August 20, 2018.]